- Posted by Elias Nassif
- On March 22, 2022
- 0 Comments
The eCommerce Category Manager will be responsible for growing and expanding our current catalog for the SWCORP Brands. This role will partner directly with Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain to help identify opportunities in the marketplace by using gap analysis, product and category research, and competitive analysis to maximize sales conversion. In addition to evaluating current catalog health, the Category Manager will also work with Sales and Marketing to identify product assortment needs. The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for several vendor partners and focus on managing the business relationship, including improving business terms to drive sales and margin improvements. An excellent understanding of eCommerce business concepts, practices, and procedures is MUST. An excellent eCommerce Category Manager must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs in a Soft or Durable Goods industry. The goal is to increase the sales and profitability of the business to drive sustainable growth.
- Analyze data and insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Build relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Partner with Supply Chain to place appropriate orders to ensure product availability
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Assume responsibility for budget development and revenue for the category
- ERP software experience required
- Knowledge of Amazon and other Big Box E-commerce retailer business processes and tools. Home Improvement Big Box preferred.
- Experience sourcing new products from China.
- Soft or Durable goods experience. Home Improvement Preferred.
- Strong Analytical skills in pricing strategies for product and margin
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Proven experience as a category manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing, and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Excellent communication and people skills
Education and Training:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of e-commerce and category management experience.
- Desired systems experience includes retailer vendor portals, Microsoft Office, and ERP systems
To apply for this job please visit swcorp.com.