- Posted by Elias Nassif
- On April 13, 2022
- 0 Comments
SW CORP is searching for a well-organized purchasing agent to join our growing team. As the purchasing representative, you will carry out all tasks allocated by the purchasing manager, which may include conducting research on potential vendors and suppliers, inspecting goods, and updating records. You should be able to negotiate pricing and transport costs. We are looking for someone preferably in the kitchen and bath or manufacturing industry to assist us with our growing business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Purchase materials in compliance with project/company requirements
· Effectively sourcing and costing down materials and products for manufacturing and office supply needs.
· Update and maintain records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
· Follow up with all vendors to ensure prompt delivery of items, including backordered items.
· Reconcile materials deliveries with purchase orders and report any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
· Coordinate with the supply chain department on purchasing needs
· Investigate and resolve material issues (delivery discrepancies, etc.)
· Establish professional relationships with vendors and suppliers.
· Performing inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock, as necessary.
· Prepare and maintain reports pertaining to the purchasing process.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or a related field may be required. Ability to work with minimal supervision
· 5 years’ experience with Domestic Purchasing
· Experience with vendor management software/ ERP systems
· Understands the flow of distribution/basic supply chain functions.
· Durable goods experience necessary
· Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
· Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
· Strong decision-making skills.
· Strong organizational skills desired.
· Background in Manufacturing purchasing is a plus.
· Some Experience with Demand Planning is a plus
To apply for this job please visit swcorp.com.